Sunday Favorites gives us a day off by having us post a favorite past entry. This event is hosted by Chari @ Happy To Design. Stop in to see all the interesting posts from the past. Leave a comment and visit as many as you can.
Oh man I wish I had one of these right now. It is a Lime Cheesecake.
Originally this was a recipe for a frozen raspberry cheesecake but my grocer no longer carries the frozen raspberry juice mix so I opted for the lime flavour.
This is very easy. Lets get ready. First you need to spray a spring form pan with some non stick spray. Believe me if you don't you will regret it.
1 cup of Oreo cookie crumbs
1/4 cup of melted butter
1 large egg, separated
1 250g package cream cheese
1 cup whipping cream
2/3 cup icing sugar (not granulated)
2/3 cup frozen lime beverage base (thawed not mixed with water)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter then press them firmly into the bottom of the spring form pan. Put into the freezer.
- Assemble all ingredients before beginning.
- Beat egg white until stiff
- Beat whipping cream until stiff
- Set aside
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed and gradually add sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg yolk then the lime juice and lemon juice
- Fold whipped cream into the cheese mixture
- Fold in egg white gently
- Pour into frozen crust and freeze until firm, about 4 hours or overnight
Garnish with more whipped cream
To serve let it sit out of the freezer for a few minutes before cutting.