Kammy@ Small Home In The Country has tagged me to come up with 6 fascinating, amazing, stupendous things to tell you about myself. Only 6? With one hand tied behind my back. I could just cheat and re-post some from my previous list of 25 things about me but I thought I would come up with something new.
- I am (was- he retired) such a big fan of the basketball player, Karl Malone, who at the time was playing for the Utah Jazz that I drove with a friend over 200 miles from Canada to Portland, Oregon to see him play. I briefly considered bidding on a charity weekend in Utah sponsored by his team to go there and attend the banquet and also go to his home for a get together with his wife, other players and dignitaries. My sons encouraged me to do it but I explained to them that it would cost way more than the charity bid as I would need my airfare, hotel expenses etc. when my husband piped up and said I would also need money for a lawyer. That kind of put a damper on my bidding even if it would have gone to charity.
- I meet with a group of people every weekday morning at 7:00 for coffee. We have been meeting for about 5-6 years. Every single day we laugh out loud, good belly laughs about the silliest, rudest, crudest things. The major goal is to have coffee come out someones nose. Nothing is off limits. There are men and women, some still working, some retired. We go on road trips to wonderful places and buy organic vegetables, cheeses etc. We have a big summer barbecue at our house and also a Chinese food dinner in January. There have been health issues and marriage issues, kid issues and strata issues. We just vent and then we laugh. This is a good thing.
- I love my kids so much but if I couldn't have had kids I would have been fine with that. I don't care to be around other peoples kids much, I don't want to hold their babies. If my kids didn't want to have their own kids I would be fine with that. It was such a huge responsibility that I took so very, very seriously I could never expect them to take that on just to give me grand kids. I will adore them if they come but if they don't I am fine.
- I really want to go to Italy. We had planned it but I was having problems with my knee and could barely walk let alone go up and down stairs. We delayed it twice and right now financially it is not going to happen. I guess we could always stay at Lola's right? Sorry girl I am just teasing you.
- I know an little bit about an awful lot of things. I am also pretty opinionated. I don't always voice my opinion but inside I am thinking "this person is so wrong, naive and uninformed".
- I trust my intuition about people and so far I haven't been far off of my initial assessments. People start off yakking about what a great person so and so is and when I meet them the little bells go off in my head. I trust my instincts. For the first year of our dogs life I would walk her very early in the mornings on the dikes in our area. One morning while walking there I got the worst feeling of dread and fear and I called her and ran back to my car. That was 11 years ago and I have never gone back. They did find a burning torso there at one point but I am not sure of the time line. I just trust my intuition. Period.
So now I get to pass the torch to 6 others who will rack their brains to talk about themselves. It really is a hard thing to do. Then you get to pass it on too.
- Lindalee @ Flipside
- Shirl @ Life on an artistic shoestring
- Tina @ Campo Santo - Tina is new and I am sure would appreciate some visits.
- Morgan @ MG Fantastic Artwork - with her mom's permission as she is only 7
- Ali @ A Second Age and of Moon Garden
- Sue @ Sullivan & Murphy - if nothing else I will learn enough about her so I don't mix her up with the other Sue/Lucy again. BTW You will have to be Ethel because we already have two Lucys and our brains can't sort out another.