Do you want a great hostess gift idea? Or a great no fuss dinner you can pull out on a busy morning to have that night?
This is so easy and makes an unusual hostess gift. Much more useful than a box of chocolates.
1 package puff pastry, thawed
1 pork tenderloin
1/2 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups mushrooms of any type sliced
2 slices of bacon, chopped
1 teaspoons herbs de Provence
3 tablespoons grainy mustard
salt and pepper
- Place in a colander over a bowl and allow to cool and drain, stirring several times.
- Trim all fat and silverskin from pork.
- Spread the mushroom mixture on top of the mustard.
- Spread remaining mustard over top of pork.
- Cut two slits in the top and decorate with puff pastry cut outs if you have any extra.
- Brush the top with egg wash too.
- Lift onto a piece of tin foil an close slightly and place in the freezer. When frozen you can wrap it down tightly.
- Decorate foil and add baking instructions.
(Thaw in fridge. Must be cold when you put it in the oven. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden. Let rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve)