I am going to rant here today. Why? Because it is my blog and I can. That’s why.
There have been several things for me to deal with recently that have just about put me over the edge. Small things. Mostly minor things. But things nonetheless. Irritating, time consuming, frustrating things.
Prescription refill needed:
- needed a prescription renewed and called pharmacy. No refills.
- Have a new Dr. finally since there were none in the area we live in now taking new patients.
- This Dr. that I have only seen once.. to get said prescription refilled from him the first time since moving here… does not accept phone requests from the pharmacy for refills and I was advised I would have to come in to his office. This would mean I would have to take time off work for an appointment with a doctor when I am not sick. This is not a narcotic or addictive or crazy drug. Basic blood pressure.
- Yes I could take time off of work but this is just crazy. What’s he going to do? Take my blood pressure except it will be fine since I take the medication. The one he gave me originally was for 3 months. So now am I going to have to take time off work every 3 months to get more?
- Workaround suggested by his office... go to a walk-in clinic.
- Walk-in clinic near me is open 7:00am to 7:00pm. I go there at 7am and it is lined up outside the doors. I leave because it will be hours of waiting, again causing missed work.
- I go back to same clinic after work at 5:20 and they are closed.??? Uh open until 7? Not.
- I go back next morning at 6:30 am and I am third in line.
- They open at 7 and we go in and take numbers. 15 minutes later she says the doctor has not come in and she can't get him on the phone. I wait another 15 then I leave.
- I go to the pharmacy and explain this and she gives me a months worth under her account and tries faxing the Dr. He rejects that request as well.
- Pharmacist tells me that the day before none of the 3 doctors for that clinic showed up to work. WTH?
Next on my list:
- I need to talk to my cell phone company to change my add-ons since they are not covering what I need when I travel. Need to be on hold for extended periods before anyone answers. I give up.
- I need to talk to my internet provider because my test speed (using their own tester) is very slow and I am paying a lot for it. Something is not right. Need to be on hold for extended periods to get through. I give up.
- I need to talk to the Visa Fraud department to see why they still haven’t removed the fraudulent charges done with my card. They have issued a new card and removed two of the offending charges but have left the other 6 or 7. This managed to also get me on a bazillion porn email lists because one of the items they purchased was an online sex class. I kid you not. Need to be on hold for extended periods of time. I give up.
- Need to get some American cash for a work trip next week. Called my bank branch to make sure they would have some ………….24 times….. busy signal… finally got through and sat on hold for 20 minutes. Past the time that the actual branch closes. I give up.
- Emailed the branch manager who has assisted me in the past with my business accounts. Got an email bounce back that her email is wrong????? I give up.
It is these little things that build up and up until you explode over the fact that you dropped a carrot on the floor. How many times in a day where I say to myself in a “tone” Really? This is “really” happening.
So I smile, I pick up the stinkin’ carrot and wash it off and chop it up, maybe with just a little too much enthusiasm. Carrot juice anyone?
So how have things been going with all of you?